Wednesday 19 August 2015

3 Things I learned about men

Mexico was a re-affirming experience, it reminded me that there are three things that men enjoy in the opposite sex. And,before you read these and think I am being a d#ck, and that you are nothing like these, read on.  You would be surprised how similar men and women can be.



1) Size matters (cup size that is).  I was sitting on a swing in Mexico at the beach bar next to a woman who is cosmetically enhanced in the area that counts.  There was a nice couple beside her and me on the other side.  Men continuously came up to the couple side and began chatting to both her and the couple.  I began to notice, after the fourth man, that I was being left out of the introductions.  The enhanced woman would introduce the couple and herself and when she was going to introduce me (after all I had befriended her earlier that day) the buck stopped.  The men appeared to have zero interest in meeting anyone beyond her.  This got me to thinking about all of the times I have seen men do courteous acts for women (particularly women who were busty).  From my 33 years of witnessing "boob power" I have decided that cup size matters.



2) The younger the better.  (Insert sigh, insert eye roll...etc.) If Hollywood has taught us anything, nothing of value that is, it is that men like their women young and pretty.  And, before you get all up in arms and think I don't understand, I get it.  20 somethings are great aren't they?  Yes, the answer is pure and simple.  From the multitude of divorced friends I have witnessed seething over their exes new 20 something honey, to the men on Vanity Fair, it is apparent that men have also figured this out.  20 is fun, 20 is worry free, 20 is cute and pretty and everything that getting old and stressed out is not, so it makes perfect sense why a man on vacation, or post-divorce would seek the comfort of a young woman.  Not to mention the ego stroke it must give a balding, fattening up, sad man to have a trophy girl on his arm.  At 20 all your bouncy, beautiful firm parts are exactly what they should be, and truth be told, I would nine-hundred and ninty-nine percent rather see a firm bodied 20 year old over a guy my age.  You can judge all you want, but let me finish, sure 20 something is fantastic, but they are without.  Without the life experience that makes you maintain your interest.  But, for a sexy vacation they are just right.



3) Last but not least the hotter the better.  Yes, yes in an ideal word beauty from the inside would be all that matters but let's join reality for this point.  To quote Manitoba "It is the outside I am going to have sex with." True.  Physical attraction is a must.   Don't be offended because the hot factor is is part of life, if you are happily married than your husband thinks you are hot so relax. Looks matter, I recently saw a post about an ad campaign in the UK.  It had a very fit woman and it said something like "get in shape for summer" or "get your bikini body" or something that women took extreme offence to.  To which a slue of men argued that women should be fit and hot, it was a disaster debate for so many reasons.  The truth is the majority of men like a woman that looks like a model (not a creepy Calvin Klien model though) that is just the way of the world.

The truth is that these are just three observations about men, they do not define anyone and they certainly should not define you.  All of the posts I see about breaking through the gender stereotypes and liberating body image stereotypes are nice, but then I go outside and people watch and realize that men enjoy, what they have always enjoyed in the opposite sex and there is no shame in that, it is what it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment