Wednesday 26 August 2015

Summer Fling



Well, I was bound to write this post…  I met someone that reminded me how to laugh, care free and loud, how to not care and the value in the anticipation of the first kiss.  For these things I owe him a huge thank you.  Feeling good about someone after the storm at the end of a relationship is like a breath of fresh air, after being submerged for two seconds too long underwater.  It is like seeing in color after you had been living in black and white, and remembering how good color is.   The following are three fling guidelines I suggest:


1) Laughter is the best medicine.  I thought I had  wanted a six-foot something, chiseled, super model kind of guy, one whose hotness factor would make me happy. I was wrong.  Not to say that my fling was not attractive, Quite the contrary!  But it was not his tanned smooth skin, stylish wardrobe, perfect hair and pouty lips that won me over.  It was, instead, the hours of ridiculous laughter he brought into my life.  From the dinner table to moments of intimacy, I found both of us laughing hysterically about everything.  The best advice I will ever give you is to surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Laughter will melt your woes away into a distant memory; you will never be unhappy while in the midst of a good laugh.



2) Don't pick the nice guy.  Nice guys are not fling material.  I had thought I wanted to fling it up with a nice guy because then in the end I wouldn't feel used, and that they would treat me with kindness.  This was not the case for me (I suggest you have a fling with someone who makes you blush.)  Just trust me on this advice.  HOWEVER, do not stray too far away from nice or you will end up flinging with a do#chebag, and that is the worst.  Yes, I am aware finding just the right fling is like finding a needle in a haystack.



3) You should only fling with someone who makes you feel special.  Don't even waste your time on someone you have to chase.  The truth is if he makes you feel like you are worth his time then he is fling worthy.  You should never chase anyone, or try and convince him or her of your worth.  The dynamics of a fling are short and sweet.  It should be as fun as possible, and nothing more.



A successful fling will make you feel like you are on top of the world.  It reminds you of all the things you love about the beginning of something, the rush from the fun and excitement that comes with a new wave of attention.  You begin to recall all the feelings that had become a dusty old memory: and you remember what good attention is, what it is you want, what you don't want, and you will find yourself feeling like you again.    You may also find yourself falling into these feelings and become a bit lunachicky, but that is topic for another day.  Thanks for reading! XO












No comments:

Post a Comment