Wednesday 12 August 2015

It's a Groove Thing

I wrote this last Wednesday while in Mexico to publish today:

As I lay here in the sticky Mexican heat staring out at the palms and ocean I can't help but feel like nothing matters.  No I am not drunk...(yet)...I am totally relaxed.  Mexico has swallowed me up and spit me out fully untangled from my stress.  The way she always does.  I would like to share with you three groove things I rediscovered on this trip:



1) Age doesn't matter.  From the fun 19 year olds at the beach bar to the elderly couple at the food buffet, we are all seeking the same beautiful thing.  A tangible experience that takes us away from anything negative, from reality, from our woes.  We are all floating into smiles, sunshine, cervezas, we are all one here and we are happy.

2) Be a fool.  No one cares!! Get messy, get frisky, get living life, because you only have 7 to 14 days to do it in so you best get going.  The truth is you can be anyone you want to be on vacation.  No one knows you, or expects anything of you.  So, go out there and do what you will make you head back home declaring you just had the best vacation of your life!

3) Being gorgeous doesn't matter.  Seriously.  On the hot beach in the mix of one pieces, barely there bikinis, speedos, beer bellies,etc you realize looks don't matter.  The release of social pressure to be pretty and prefect and put together is amazing!  You sweat off your makeup, you wear a hideous passport purse, you swing into full tacky, fantastic, vacation mode and nothing is more liberating than not giving a f#ck.

Huge Thanks to the following people: The Aussie, Manitoba, The Birthday Brit, The Young Love Birds, Bethlehem, Texas (X2), Broken Leg, The Crazies, The Argentinians, The Irish, Bravo Echo, The Brit Boys and all the people of Mexico!!
But, of course the biggest thanks to my mom for coming with me to Mexico to find my groove, and remember what is important and what really just isn't.  Viva La Mexico!!
Thanks for reading. XO

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Victoria! Fully agree and love the truth tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written!! Completely agree that "You can be anyone you want to be on vacation. No one knows you, or expects anything of you".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amit! :) Thanks for reading and your comments.

      Delete