Wednesday 3 August 2016

Rose Colored Glasses


While the honeymoon period of dating can be awesome.  It can also be full of confusion and anxiety.  While you may have guessed Old Blue Eyes ghosted never to be heard from again I saved HD (Hot Dad) through it all because he stood out among the rest.  The following are three things I had forgotten in my prolonged single state that now come to surface:

1) Let's talk about sex, baby.  As I amp up for my third date with HD I found myself questioning my girlfriends when they had sex with their men.  Their answers ranged from two weeks to six months! I went online to research what the dating norm was and apparently four and a half dates...whatever a half date is!  So I decided to hear my one friends advice of when I am ready I will know.  Trusting someone to not use you and throw you away like an old boot is what I now need.  Suddenly you miss quick hook ups from the pub because while they usually end tragically the stress of when to hook up is out of the equation.

2) Text me, damn it!! Suddenly you find yourself eagerly staring at your phone waiting to hear from them like a mad man.  When they text you the wave of relief is so rewarding.  Often I wait to text back, not to play a game but just too enjoy feeling sane for ten minutes of the day.  Anxiety over rejection runs high when you are starting to date someone.  What if they think you are just a total weirdo? Worse, what if they are not a weirdo? And too many questions linger in your little lunachick mind.  Take a deep breath.  Step away from your phone and remember you do have a life outside of him.

3) What does it all mean? And, you are left wondering if they feel the same.  You have no idea.  Do yourself a huge favor. Don't rush and don't take your friends advice.  The truth is if he is truly into you.  You will know.  If he texts you to have a great day and asks how your day is then he is probably thinking of you.  But, the truth is only time can tell you what it all meant and how much he cares.  Fortunately HD says all the right things and I am looking forward to seeing him.

Dating is crazy and unnerving but in the end so worth it! It is such a nice idea to get to know an attractive man on the weekends then spending them alone.  Thanks for reading!! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment