Wednesday 20 August 2014

Date Your Mom


"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness."

Please take this title figuratively, not literally, unless your nights are filled with banjo strumming over moonshine in the bayou than you should know this already.  This blog is not about the benefits for a man dating a woman like his mother, no, no, this blog is the about the benefits for women to date a man with a mother who has similar personalily traits.  The following are 3 reasons:
 "As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her."

1) R-E-S-P-E-C-T.  What I have come to realize in my 32 years of life is everyone has different standards of respectful behavior, ways in which we speak and treat one another may be completely fine for one mother and atrocious to the next.  Date a man whose mother instilled your sense of respect.  Trust me it will cut way down on arguments.  The truth is I dated a man whose mother laughed at her children's rude attitude towards her, in exchange he laughed off important conversations and spoke rudely to me.  Mother's are the women who frame how men will respect women.  Save yourself a lot of grief and find a mother-in-law who raised a respectful son, well at least on your standards.
2) Quirky.   All my life I have been told I am strange.  Let me please tell you: date a man who grew up with an eccentric mother.   The American did not seem so taken back by me wanting to take photos of my dog and putting outfits on him.  Then we Skyped with his mom and her cat, Sooki.  A man who has grown up with a wonderful and weird mother will appreciate you, regardless of your oddities.  I am NOT saying he won't think you are an odd duck.  Not at all.  However! If he has grown up with quirky women than he will not be accustom to pointing out your strange behaviors.  You will be a lot happier with a man whose grown up with a mother unique like you!


3) Flaws.  I would never write about the flaws of the mother of the man I love because I love her and I respect her.  However, I hypothesize if you date a man whose mother has similar flaws to you than he will be more willing to love you flaws and all.  No one is perfect, if you find yourself relating to a flaw your man voices about his mother appreciate this.  It means he has loved a woman longer through a flaw you identify in yourself.

Truth be told any man should take it as a compliment if I were to tell them they were like my father.   He is a wonderful man who treats people right.  Life in a relationship has enough new terrain, finding a woman or a man who shares personality traits with your parents will solve you a lot of grief.

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like an alternative to casually flirting with girls and trying to find out the right thing to do...

    If you would rather have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded bars and night clubs...

    Then I urge you to watch this short video to discover a strong little secret that has the potential to get you your own harem of hot women just 24 hours from now:

    Facebook Seduction System...

    ReplyDelete