Wednesday 20 July 2016

Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy...


Online dating taught me so much once again.  As promised in my last post my dating life in a nutshell and what I learned:


Fish #1 (afternoon weekday coffee) Was a tall, handsome, preppy, professional but there was no chemistry (shoes are a huge indicator to me for chemistry by the way, and I mean style, not size) and he claimed to have met someone shortly after so water under the bridge.

Fish #2 (afternoon weekend lunch) - Mr. Bad Teeth was a lovely date.  He was kind, brought flowers (anyone that knows me, knows this is a HUGE gesture to win me over, I almost cried).  But, again no physical connection on my part. (Teeth and smile are also huge, don't think I am shallow we all have our turn ons).

Fish #3 (tea after work, he "forgot" his wallet)- I had to give this tadpole the benefit of the doubt because he is young but once again zero attraction on my part, (it is so curious when men grow straggly pre-pubescent facial hair).  Furthermore, it was the strangest date I have ever had which involved him signing Ed Sheran songs on the seawall and then me awkwardly dismissing his attempt at a kiss....three strikes and I am out? Not quite.

Fish #4 (concert and dinner) - Had nice teeth and two dates but physically I just couldn't do it.  He introduced me to a great band we went on two dates, the second we grabbed a bite.   He was an extremely sweet fish but I need chemistry. 

Fish #4 - score (after work coffee) Now this fish is officially called Hot Dad.  Just when I thought about giving up this gorgeous guy popped in to bring sexy back.  We had a coffee at a great bakery and have another date coming up. (But that perfect smile and the way his T-shirt hugged those abs...damn).  One in four odds aren't that bad. 

Fish #5 -(weekday lunch) Mr. Brazil also gets hotness points as well as he was very good at conversation.  We had lunch on a work day and have a possible second date soon.  My odds are getting better.


Fish #6 - (weekend coffee and a beer on a patio) No dice. Friend zoned.  Teeth again and also I like a guy with a larger upper body.  He doesn't need a six pack (not that if he had one I would complain!) But the arms have to be just right.  Alright, fine, I am shallow. 

But in the middle of all my cute dates I was distracted by the most beautiful eyes in this city (possibly the world).  Paired with a smile that could make you forget your own name I remembered that there is nothing like chemistry.  First time meeting flirtations and questions are so much more than online meetings will ever be.  And, his eyes are too good to be associated with a fish, I call him Mr. Blue Eyes.   And, regardless of the fact that he never called he reminded me of two things a) light eyes and dark hair are my kryptonite and b) even unsuccessful first meeting are better than no chemistry at all. 

In the end Mr. Blue Eyes reminded me that chemistry is key. Mr. Blue Eyes got me out if my funk and reminded me of how delightful it is to get out and meet someone face to face.  Whether he calls or never calls I had forgotten that meeting men in person was easy and actually fun. Thanks for reading! XO

1 comment:

  1. If you would like an alternative to randomly picking up girls and trying to figure out the right thing to say...

    If you'd rather have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded bars and nightclubs...

    Then I urge you to view this eye-opening video to uncover a weird secret that has the potential to get you your very own harem of hot women just 24 hours from now:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM!!!

    ReplyDelete