Wednesday 21 October 2015

Single and Fabulous


It took 1597 kms, margaritas and a tattooed man ten years younger than me to say it for me to finally realize I worry too much.  And for what? I was worrying about people judging me for not having a successful relationship at my age, for not being married, for being childless, for not owning my own place...etc.  Then suddenly as I looked into his gorgeous blue eyes as he said "Don't worry about it" I finally realized I needed to stop worrying so much. The following are three reasons I am not worrying anymore about being single:


1) It is a lot of fun.  You know what I love?  Doing what I want, when I want to.  I can stay out all night, or veg out Netflixing the day away and no one is the wiser.   I can book a vacation and go.  I can try a new restaraunt and eat whatever I want.  Single is freedom and it is so much fun. I see so many unhappily coupled people trying desperately to appease on another and I am very happy to be on my own.  I previously blogged about breakfast choices, but from now on I will order two damn breakfasts, because who cares!


2) It's raining men, hallelujah!! I once got four numbers in one night, club hopping and one of them was on my short walk from the club to the Seabus.  Men are so wonderful aren't they? In their dress shoes, with their muscular arms and smelling so fresh.  I love them. Their flirtations are so confidence boosting.  The more men that smile and adore you the better you begin to feel.  They have a way of making you smile that only a cute face can do.


3) Girls, girls, girls.  You know what I miss? All my girlfriends that have forgotten me because they went skipping hang in hand into love and married life with their man.  But!! I now have all the time in world to be with my people. Other fabulous single ladies!! It is so awesome to spend quality time with my ladies as they compliment you and agree without judgement that your fabulous single life is just that, fabulous!


At the end of the day I am so much happier and fit with a clean house when I am single. When people tell me not to worry because I will meet someone.  I laugh and say hopefully not! Relationships are not for me. It took all this time for me to finally realize that is totally okay.  I am done chasing an expectation for myself, from now on I am just going to enjoy who I am.  Fabulous and single.  Thanks for reading! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment