Wednesday 4 November 2015

Your Ex has a new future Ex

Everyday I read my horoscope.  Not because I believe in it, but because I find it the best part of the depressing newspaper.  On the full moon I read I was going to have a love epiphany.  And, miraculously I actually did.  The American has a new girlfriend, which of course brought up the subtle sensation that I was not good enough as he ripped my heart out and moved on.  But, then while commuting yesterday I figured it out.   Here is what I learned:

1) He is missing out.  That is right, I am worth it.  I always felt like I needed to change myself, to better myself to keep a man but then I realized, enough.  There is nothing wrong with the strong and beautiful woman I am. Any man that ever makes you feel you need to change isn't man enough to handle all the woman you are.

2) A little effort please.  Due to the self shaming mentioned above and my views on gender equality I put in way too much effort.  In doing so I didn't get any of the things I wanted emotionally.  The compliments, the passion, the everything.  I got stuck swimming upstream with duds because rather than see the warning signs I tried to fix them.   Not anymore.  From now on I take the red lights as exactly that.

3) Duds - why do I always find them.  My dad actually said yesterday "You have a real knack for picking them." Seriously.  So I got to thinking why? And realized I am always so comfortable with duds.  They are usually intrigued by my career and hobbies and I always assumed that men winning in life would not be.   Then I realized I was doing my love life all wrong.  A man who is successful will be a perfect match for me.

So it all came to perfect sense that I couldn't expect to find Mr. Amazing if I kept falling for the wrong guys at the wrong time who treated me wrong.  Don't get me wrong! I am still into dating culture but just taking it to a new level with new confidence and standards.  Thanks for reading. XO








































No comments:

Post a Comment