Wednesday 7 September 2016

Mr. Darcy


And along came Mr. Darcy (named deservingly so from one of my favorite films Bridgette Jones Diary) right when I thought I would be lost forever in a sea of creepy or emotionally disabled fish he came along and changed my mind.  And you just try not to fall for his Welsh accent and perfect face, his broad shoulders and motorcycle…I bet you can't.  For our first date he whisked me away on the back of said motorcycle up a mountain for a bite.  Seriously what good dreams are made of.  And, for some reason I had forgotten the three telltale signs he IS into you.  Which I will share right here for all of you who may be wondering:

1) He asks about you.  I had completely forgotten about this and had found myself struggling to maintain conversations that somehow got solely focused on HD and other men chatting to me.  The 100 percent truth is when a man is interested in you he will ask about you.  Because, he will want to know about you.  If he is just looking for a piece of ass or like most the men I have dated, a self-absorbed narcissist, then he you will probably notice that he only speaks about what he wants, feels, does and you are not really part of the conversation.  However, if you are lucky enough to come across a gem like Mr. Darcy the you will notice that when a man is interested in you he tells you he is thinking about you.  He tells his friends and family all about you.  He compliments you all the time and perhaps equally as important he asks you all about yourself.

2) He listens.  Do you ever find yourself repeating yourself to others?  I do all the time.  I once in a text conversation had a guy ask me three times what area I lived in…sigh.  The truth is if a man cannot even remember you are a vegetarian and offers you bacon in the morning he doesn't care.  He honestly truly just does not care enough to remember what you like.  In the meanwhile you maybe bursting full of useless facts about him.  Because why?  Well, because when you care about someone you remember things about them and you try and show them you care by letting them know this.  Mr. Darcy on several occasions referred to things to we had discussed.  And, I am not saying you can never forget anything, we are all human.  But, let's be real.  If he doesn't recall anything about you, you are probably not significant to him in the least…or worse you are just one of the many girls he has on the go.

3) Effort.  I have blogged about this far too many times and yet here I am.  When a man cares about you he will move mountains for you.  He will not use lame excuses as he was too busy to send you a one word text, he will not make you drive 100 kms on the regular to see him but never make the same journey to see you, he will never say you aren't worth it.  When you catch a man by the heart he will give his all to be near you.  I will do you one better the right kind of man will not only put in the effort he will let you know when he is just thinking about the effort.  Don’t ever think if you chase a looser that he will become a winner.  A winner already has the prize, the prize is you and they won't be foolish enough to lose you by slowing their roll.


To be honest I didn't realize how emotionally draining and negative HD and dating were.  But now that I have Mr. Darcy showering me with affection and all the right kind of attention there is definitely a little more pep in my step.  Thanks for reading! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment