Wednesday 28 September 2016

S-I-N-G-L-E


As for the title say it loud and say it proud!! Man it feels good to be alone.  And, I had been so preoccupied that I wanted to meet someone and that I was missing something lately that I had lost sight of how magnificent it is to be by myself again.  Happily ever after with me, myself and I.  The following are three amazing things I love about my life at the moment. 


1) Starfish sleeping.  I have a slight variation of this which is sort of a bit of a yoga stretch.  It encompasses the entire bed.  It has made my achy back a thing of the past! As well as helped me deep sleep.  So good.  So is having two giant pillows which I build around myself.  So is tucking my blanket around my feet and just having this fantastic comfy bed all to myself.  No snoring, no blanket hog, no tossing and turning, no waking up in a sweaty cuddle, no nothing but pure comfort.  And this is just one of the little things I currently relish in because us single gals need to focus on the good more often!

2) I do what I want.  When I want.   Alright, except I do have to mind the pup,but outside of that, freedom.  I don't have to ask anyone what my weekend plans are.  I don't have to check if someone else cleaned the house or took out the trash.  My house is always as clean as I left it.  And, I thought it would be great to be part of a team but what I lost sight of was that it is pretty amazing to be your own team by yourself.  Don't go reading this thinking I am a bitter old hag because I am not.  I just have a new appreciation for my life as a team of one. 

3) Anxiety Free.  Rather than preoccupy my time fussing if he likes me or not or calling or not etc. All that preoccupies me is what kind of pizza to order, when to go for a run, what outfit is best for work. Outside of the fact that I don't have to keep my freakishly long legs shaved I also exercise more and eat healthier which also helps me relax.  I would say the time I have to spent thinking about meal plans, groceries, career, friends has definitely enriched my current self. And, I found out with a few tools I am capable of dealing with all my tasks pretty amazingly.

And, I am SO bored of people telling me once I feel this way I will meet someone incredible.  I am not a spinster.  I am happy single successful woman who actually doesn't need anything but myself.  And, it is such a crazy society that dictates I need a man to be happy.  Because, really does anyone? 
Thanks for reading. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment