Wednesday 23 September 2015

The Power of Apology



 Further to last week's blog I received a heart felt apology from my Summer Fling however, due to the increasing realization that he may be more substantial than his title let's call him Mr. M.  His words touched a part of me that had been dormant for a long time and I began to believe that he wasn't one to easily let go.  The power of a well worded apology should never be underestimated for the following reasons:



 1) It admits responsibility.  A simple apology recognizes fault and is key to understanding what went wrong and why.  Not that fault should ever be thrown back in someone's face, but if you f#ck up take credit for your actions gracefully.  Acceptance of how you wronged someone you care about goes a long way.  With this said it has to be a real apology followed by actions that support those words.



2) It is the corner stone for moving  past the issue.  If you truly get why an apology is necessary and offer it sincerely than that is that.  There is no further dwelling on the issue.  You will never be in a successful relationship with anyone if you linger in the anger and pain of pre-apologies.  There is also no point in recanting your apology at a later date, or on the flip side demanding a constant apology.   An apology should be taken as it is and applied correctly.



3) Learn what you need to from this.  I have often said stupid sh#t at the wrong time to the right person and had my share of moments to apologize.  However, I learned a lot about myself, what I am capable of, what I do accidentally and many more less than admirable traits about myself that I categorize into my self improvement pile.   Always learn from your mistakes.  The fact is what hurt someone will most likely hurt most people, avoid harming others.



 But, it is right when you think that there are no unique snow flakes that one will stop to prove you wrong and make you rethink your feelings.  Some people have mastered the art of the apology and remind you that sometimes it has meaning and that maybe they deserve your affection after all.  They make your heart feel repaired from the damage they caused and you find yourself smiling when they call you again.  Thanks for reading! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment