Wednesday 9 September 2015

This is the end my friend


I have decided that befriending The American, and letting it all be water under the break-up bridge, is closure.  This decision came after I had realized that I can totally handle seeing him happy and in love with someone new.  I always know I am over someone when the thought of someone else touching him doesn't no longer bothers me (dangerously on the other side, I always know that I am into someone when my green eyed monster lashes out, but that is another topic for another day).  The following are three reasons you should eventually forgive and forget:



1)        Acceptance.  The most painful thing about being dumped is the rejection.  Your heart and soul are thrown out like yesterday's trash, and you are left reeling in the dismay that you were not good enough.  Friendship helps mend those wounds.  Being accepted into someone's life again, along with his or her circle of friends, is a step away from the reject circle.  



2)        You realize that they were right, you were not right for each other.  Of course you are realizing this on your own, however, being around your X-factor also reminds you that he is not the one for you.  Remember, love makes us blind.  Through friendship we can see our Mr.X for who they are and accept that friends is all you are meant to be.



3) It smoothens over hard feelings.  Eventually if you are friends you can hash shit out that maybe left you feeling a bit jaded.  Don't get me wrong; I am not saying to attack your Mr. X with accusations from the past while losing your mind.  What I am saying is that once you have built your new friendship topics you left unsettled can be approached and you may find a new piece of mind.

I am thankful for the time I had with The American it taught me a lot.  And, now I am happy we can be friends and let the past rest.  Life is too short to hold grudges.
Thanks for reading. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment