Wednesday 30 September 2015




As I sit contemplating between the breakfast burrito or the blueberry compote waffles at Brown's I find myself thinking about relationships and the things I miss about them.  The following are three perks in a relationship that I do miss.



1)    Morning routine.  If I were with my man I would ask him to share two breakfast items, or probably would be cooking breakfast together (Fun fact: breakfast is my favorite food, I could eat it all day, everyday, and be happy as a clam).  Sharing that first cup of coffee together pre-work stress, pre-bad day, pre-traffic jam is beautiful.  Waking up groggy, and sans make up, in the accepting arms of your lover is the best.  It is something I will never take for granted.



2)    Meaningful sex.  For lack of a less cheesy description - making sweet, sweet love.  There is nothing better than feeling emotions through touch.  Have you ever ran your fingers down someone's skin thinking about how perfect your love is for them, and you know they can feel it? It is electric. Intimacy is worth your time when love connects the both of you to it In the future I will slow down and absorb these moments.



3)    Date night.  Yes there are millions of fantastic lady date nights.  But, I am talking about sliding into your little black dress with those sexy stilettos because you want to see your man's face light up.  I am talking about making a reservation on Valentine's Day to that romantic restaurant you have been dying to try, and holding hands at the symphony… Those types of dates.  Those moments where he picks you up with flowers in hand and you laugh because you just love it.  I am a sucker for a bouquet of flowers.  Nothing can replace a date with a man trying to impress you. 



While I am unsure what is happening currently in my dating world and had been enjoying being single, there are moments where I long for the warmth of sharing my life with someone.
Thanks for reading. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment