Wednesday 17 February 2016

50 Shades of Confused


Further to my blog last week I went on not one but two more perfect dates.  The confusion is that these dates were with three different men.   In a world where I wanted to meet one solid guy, I met many and now am racking my brain trying to decide if morally one can date all of them and how long would it work...The following are my three tips on how to gracefully juggle your little black book.  


1) Never brag about other men.  Never make any man feel insecure or jealous and perhaps most importantly never out yourself.   Recently I went on a date with a guy who was fifteen minutes late, didn't join me in drinking a hot beverage,  - literally I drank tea and he just sat with me, and later texted me for a picture of "boobs" and most unappealing was that he asked me on a second date to his place. (Zero effort factor that I loathe)  Needless to say our first date of my cup of tea was as far as that went.   But, beyond all the red flags mentioned above the biggest turn off was him bragging about his dates with women on Tinder.  Gross.   Don't ever make your men feel like they are a grain of sand on the beach, because each one is a beautiful unique diamond that deserves to be treated as such and you in turn.

2) When you're with them be with them.   Don't be on your cell.  Don't be hiding texts.  Never act like you have a big secret.  The truth is you have had a handful of dates and are not anywhere near the chapel and ring phase.  I always assume my men are also enjoying the company of gorgeous other women because a) they probably are, and b) they are amazing and deserve to have the attention. When you go on a date be in a healthy, happy positive moment with your guy.  There is always time to chat with your other guys later.  Never simultaneously juggle in the presence of any of them it is just tacky.

3) Don't ever lie.  The problem with playing the game is that often people think they can't be honest.  I am not saying to talk about other men (I just advised you against that) I am saying never say that you are dating only them if you aren't.  Never say you are out with your bff when you are not.  You are not having an affair you are choosing a partner and sometimes that means there are tryouts.  These tryouts are crucial to choosing what is right for you. Lies get confusing.  Say you are having dinner with a friend, etc.  You know the saying "what a tangled web we weave when we first plan to deceive."  Well it turns out that nails the hammer on the head.

Always be politely honest and my own personal tip avoid "the talk" for as long as possible.  You know the defining boundaries talk because one of you is going to get hurt if you are the only one seeing other people. 
It is a complicated and yet amazing situation to be in when you have choices. How is a girl to choose...

No comments:

Post a Comment