Wednesday 24 February 2016

And, then there was Him


It is right when you think you could play the field forever that the universe will throw a crazy curve ball into the mix.  This play will begin to totally distract you from all others on the go and you begin to wonder what is happening.   The following are three characterstics that set him apart from the rest:

1) Sense of humor.  This is linked to the next two points heavily but in order for my heart to skip a beat my lungs need to be laughing and my lips smiling.  But, it can't be any cheesy joke or lame story that has the same PG punch line.  Nope.  It has to be balsy, it should be a little inappropriate, a smidge cocky and always witty.   It has to have bite.  For example: the opening line of this new guy.   Let's call him The Pilot was "Have you met my friend ----?" To which I said no.  (And was truly disappointed he was about to pawn me off on his friend). To which he replied "Good, f#ck him.  My name is The Pilot" and instantly he had my interest.

2) Confidence.  Okay, fine.  Arrogance.  There is something about a man who has the confidence to spare.  It screams to me I am special.  I am rare.   I have a secret and I know my worth and it drives me crazy.  I want to know what makes them tick.  Where is the confidence coming from? And why? And when? And how? But mostly I just want to bask in the glow of their presence and enjoy it.

3) Intellect.   This is almost as important as muscles in my books but intelligence is sexy.   It is also incredibly intimidating.  Particularly when you sound like a cheerleader and have so much to learn in life.  When you feel like you could read until the ends of the earth and still be considered ill read by parts of society.  Someone with intelligence is so desirable.  They feed your mind and that is always a sexy thing.  

It was between his absent texts and putting on my favorite dj while reminiscing about how he had seen the dj in concert that something inside me perked up in interest.  Something made me recognize that he was something special in a field of rather generic players.   But, can a girl safely gamble her time if she focuses on one player...or is she bound to get played? Only time will tell.  Thanks for reading! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment