Wednesday 10 February 2016

A Perfect Date


It will be among the multitude of offers to "Netflix and Chill" and hammer texts that a diamond in the rough emerges and regardless of anything to come he has given me the best first date of my life.  For the purpose of this blog we will call him The Boxer.  The following are three dating dos that he inspired me to share:

1) Pick me up.  I don't mean look at the tag on the back of my shirt and say "Just what I thought made in heaven" kind of pick up.  I mean offer to drive to my home and drive me to our date location.  AND when you arrive get out of the car and open the car door for me.   Hold my hand to guide me safely in to said car and close the door.  This small amazing gesture speaks miles! And, it literally takes about five minutes of your time and energy.  The truth is if you are reading this thinking I am high maintenance then you have low standards of maintenance and we are never going to date.

2) Make a reservation at a good restaurant in a nice area of town.   It is our first date.  You actually should want to impress me.  The Boxer followed step one and this step as well and took me to an excellent restaurant.  I was beyond impressed.  The truth is I see so many men being babies and complaining how they never meet the right woman and it is no wonder!! As you troll Tinder and ask a woman to come over for the first date, what did you expect? And, women who sell themselves short and go to some random strangers place to hook up and then wonder why men don't respect them...seriously? You are doing it wrong.   Men - put in effort.  Women - don't let men treat you like your cheap.

3) Compliment your date.  This goes for women and men.   Women tell your man you like his choice of restaurant and that the color of his shirt is really hot on him.  Men, tell your date her dress is stunning. The Boxer leaned in over the table to tell me this and I would say it sealed the deal for a second date because I don't spend a day deciding the exact dress to wear and accessories and an hour to do my makeup routine to go unpraised.  No woman does.

In the end there was a passionate car make out session but as a firm three date or more kinda girl no sex.  This is my one strong rule to all woman.  Never, ever have sex on the first date.   Respect yourself.

 I am impressed that it took a man ten years my junior to take me on a real date and am already looking forward to the next one.   In the meanwhile, pull your socks up boys you seriously need to be putting more effort into your dates and ladies you need to be turning down offers of "Netflix and Chill."  Come on people.  Thanks for reading. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment