Wednesday 20 April 2016

No Scrub


Once I decided I was over dating I met someone.  He seemed to have potential but shortly after we met he became unemployed. (Crucial side note: it recently came to my attention that people may view my dates as hook ups, this is absurd.  When I say on here I met someone, or went on a date, that is exactly what it means.  Minds out of the gutter).  At this age I had to ask myself how important career is in my romantic endeavours and it came across as extremely important for the following three reasons. 

1) Stability.  Maintaining a job surrounded by like minded professionals screams stability to me.  If you can be an adult and wake up early, put your big boy pants on and join society then I feel your chances of being able to function in a relationship is high.  There are careers for everyone from farmer to mechanic to doctor.  If you are working hard at yours then you are in this category.

2) Passion is sexy.  To be driven to succeed is hot.  A man who knows what he wants and when he wants it is damn hot.  A man who loafs around the house in pajamas complaining about work is not.  Work hard, play hard is my motto.  And, don't ever let anyone bring you down over your standards.  I recently had someone try and tell me not to worry about career and owning a car. But, I have a career and a car.  I want an equal.  A person who can pick me up for a date.   Having an expectation of equality is good.  Have standards for yourself.

3) Security.  Yes, part my answer involves finances because I don't want to support any grown man.  Not even for a second.  I strongly believe to be respected as equals in a relationship is key to success.  I have been on both sides of the equation on this point and supporting and being supported financially is not where I ever want to be again. 

So, in the end I was honest and said a man who has a career is what I am looking for.  For so many reasons.  And, I am not asking for anything that I don't have in myself. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment