Wednesday 22 June 2016

The Truth About Dating


While I may not be good at finding "the one" I have become very skilled at first dates and defining how to create enjoyable dates regardless of who you are with. The more conversations and first dates I have lately I have learned these three facts:

1) If he is interested he will ask you questions.  Men are a mystery often to me but on this point I am one hundred percent sure.  If he likes you he wants to know about you.  If he wants attention he will randomly message you about himself.  It is pretty simple actually.  Men who want to ask you out will engage in getting to know you.  Men who are not really interested will toy with you like a cat with a dead mouse because who doesn't enjoy attention from the opposite sex.  This is actually a pet peeve of mine.  Men randomly messaging me thoughts or what they are doing with no question.  Now, I don't respond.  Only go out with men who show a real interest in you.

2)Don't drink on the first date.  As I started dating on my cleanse this was not an issue.  But, I can tell you nothing makes you have standards and not lead people on like being sober.  Booze makes you throw your inhibitions to the wind and be more tolerable.  Sadly once you sober up you will have been dating someone sober you actually hate for weeks (enter my college days).  Don't. Do. It.  The last thing you need is to lead someone on or worse sleep with a looser.

3) First dates as casual afternoon get togethers are best.  A coffee at a hip coffee place in Gastown, a lunch at a funky diner, a walk near the beach.  Keep it inexpensive, daylight casual.  Keep it short.  Two hour max.  Even if you are having a fantastic time it is best to keep things short and sweet.  Remember, players only love you when they're playing.  There are always second dates.

These three rules are key to having respectful dates.  If you want a cheap hook up then disregard this advice but if you are interested in quality dates that are enjoyable then try these out.  Thanks for reading! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment